Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Abscence makes the heart grow...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
My924gtc  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Abscence makes the heart grow... Reply with quote

...well... fonder... as they say.

Moving my shop, my family, my inventory, a couple of loved ones passing, and an ongoing battle with phone service providers has kept me on and off the web for a while but I am back in action, like it or not. I'm not crying in my cornflakes either, not all that has been going on is bad mo-jo, much of it is awesome stuff, but chaos none-the-less. The dust is settling more and more everyday.

I see that a lot has happened in my time away. Several EFI projects and upgrades in general going on, which I like to see. Lots of 924 bashing too, which sucks, but what's new right? Sorry I was not around to ward off the attacks, I could have used the outlet.

I hope my chaotic life has not put too many people off due to unresolved business, I am trying to sort it all out. If so, sorry, again.

Keep up the good fight with the projects people, we need better looking/performing 924's and 931's in this world. I'll be working my way through the old posts to add my input, or insult where applicable, and hope to be around here more in the months to follow.

Fire away!
skemcin  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome back.

thanks for the PM, please just keep in touch. once everyone is squared away I'm sure it will all be water under the bridge (since we're writing in cliche)

9249206347 - 8k – waiting its resurrection, no power at the fuel pump and fuse #7 blows w/power

Last edited by skemcin on Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jpab924  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keeping QUIET for now.
My924gtc  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpab924 wrote:

keeping QUIET for now.

silence is a virtue, and it shall be rewarded...eventually.
PORSCHEV  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am amazed people even bother to try and deal with the crap......BTW....those clips did finally come 2 months later. They were the wrong ones....BUT they came!!!

1978-#53 "D" track racer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
My924gtc  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PORSCHEV wrote:
I am amazed people even bother to try and deal with the crap......BTW....those clips did finally come 2 months later. They were the wrong ones....BUT they came!!!

Yeah funny thing using the USPS to send things to CA. An envelop takes 2 months to arrive. If you provide a part number, or an accurate description of what it is that you needed I can assure you that the correct parts will arrive by spring. If you ask me for 'those plastic clip things that secure the rods on the hatch mechanism, you will get exctly what I sent.

I wonder if Chrenan ever got his wheel spacers? I sent them around the same time I sent your clips.

Oh and to settle your confusion...people bother because of limited availability and reasonable prices. At least that is why they bother with me I suppose.

I need a lacky to do the used parts stuff. Where's that 6 year old of mine?

Sponsor of the 944 Cup and Super Cup
Sponsor of the "2006 Battle in the Badlands"
skemcin  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PORSCHEV wrote:
call me naive, but people (I'll just speak for myself) deal with the crap because they have faith. Now I am the farthest from having ANY religious upbringing, but I do genuinely feel that people WANT to do the right thing. Again, that may sound very "timstar92404"ish but when dealing with people (individuals) you can work it out 99% of the time. Its when you deal with companies, organziations, and the like where you need to do your research and watch your P's and Q's.

I'll get what my924gtc owes me - one way or another.
9249206347 - 8k – waiting its resurrection, no power at the fuel pump and fuse #7 blows w/power
Chrenan  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, the wheel spacers never did arrive. But anyone who knows me realizes I never start a confrontation over $20. I just can't be bothered with the stress. If I buy something through the internet from someone I don't know well and have never met in person, I consider it a bonus if it does arrive. The item not arriving is the default outcome that I prepare myself for when I start the transaction.
My924gtc  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrenan wrote:
Nope, the wheel spacers never did arrive...

Well that sucks regardless of your personal expectations.

It irritates me not only because of your money but because I took the time to clean them up, paint them, wrap them up, take them to the PO, and the $20 only covered the shipping costs.

Now it will be interesting to see when they finally do get there. If/when they do please note the post marked date so we can see how long it takes a small parcel to travel a few hundred miles via mail.
77yellow924  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

If silence is a virtue... then you are damn lucky I haven't been around the boards lately. Now that I have the time to be part of the boards again, I hope to catch up on some reading. Should be interesting...

It would honorable of you to see to it that items get shipped promptly. The USPS seems to be able to ship items I have sold and purchased cross-country in under a week. That spans from an envelope to large heavy carton. I've even shipped to Europe and Australia in under 2 weeks time.
My924gtc  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your 7th post of all time is going to be a threat to me? Halarious. And Your 6th was an attempt to give someone my home phone number.
The other ones all in regard to selling the scrap car that I bought off you.

Mind your own business Dave.

I'll save you the trouble of telling our tale.

I bought a POS '79 924 off Dave some time ago. Over a year ago if I recall. Paid by check, it bounced by something like $3.00, he contacted me, I went to his house and paid cash, including his bank fee, apologized profusely, and end story.

Yeah I'm damn lucky alright. Everyone has told me the same thing all my life. I know it to be so, but thanks for reminding me.
skemcin  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

call me a peace-maker (and a drunk at the time of this post) but lets just let My924gtc make his peace. If it works out - great - if it doesn't then we all will have a right to bitch and moan. But just since he has shown his face again doesn't give us the right to shit on it.

NO - I'm not justifying his actions - but I'll be patient (as I suggest everyone else to do) and wait to see what happens. If he is for real - then great. If not, then I am on the bandwagon with the rest of you!!
77yellow924  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark wrote:
"Mind your own business Dave.

I'll save you the trouble of telling our tale.

I bought a POS '79 924 off Dave some time ago. Over a year ago if I recall. Paid by check, it bounced by something like $3.00, he contacted me, I went to his house and paid cash, including his bank fee, apologized profusely, and end story."

Yes... you bought a '79 924 from me. Probably over a year ago. Check bounced. You made good on check and bank fee. This is true.

Now the rest of the story... 924 was nonrunning and probably a better parts donor than project car. When you picked up the "POS" 924 you gave me $50 cash and a check for $100. After your check bounced, you told me that someone bounced a $500 check on you. Whether your check bounced by $3 or $300, that fact is it bounced. I believe it was almost a month later when you covered the check (and my bank fee) and that was only because I called your house and left a message. Calling your cell# had me leaving voicemail. You didn't want your wife getting upset over this matter and asked that I not call your home again. I honored that request and gave you the benefit of the doubt of going thru a rough time.

When you finally came over with the cash to cover the check, I got a sheepish apology from you and then you tried to guilt me by telling me you had to sell some of your tools. Geez... was I supposed to say " I can wait for my money, so you don't have to sell your tools"???

You got the car for $150... I hope you were able to part it out and make some cash on it. How many people here bought parts from a '79 Sebring 924 from you?

Yes I have 7 posts under this screenname.... does that really count for something? Or do I need a couple hundred posts before people take what I say for the truth?

I think you are showing your true colors here...
My924gtc  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone was keeping notes.

Not sure which of the many bounced check domino affects you were a part of. Being a completely self-reliant, self-employed hustler has its draw backs.

Luckily for me keeping my wife on track and out of my Porsche crap as much as possible has paid off in spades. It also allows me the opportunity to make amends with the few straglers that remain.

As for guilt dude, if I said that it was because that was the truth and I was embarassed by the whole ordeal. I probably came directly from re-tool to your house. I've bought and sold more tools than home depot, I don't care either way. It is survival time when money disappears on you. Sorry if mentioning that made you feel uncomfortable.

So, again, our business was resolved long ago, let it go.
PORSCHEV  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just amazing that months have gone by since your "last hard-time-story".... and it's the same ol BS story. People like you never change.... that's all I have to say.

1978-#53 "D" track racer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: