Show full size 924Board.org
Discussion Forum of 924.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Technical FAQ924 FAQ (Technical)   Technical924 Technical Section   Jump to 924.org924.org   Jump to PCA 924 Registry924 Registry

Oil in the Coolant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bacook  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a leaking water pump gasket in my 931 and had a container under the car to catch it. Well, I noticed today that there is oil in the coolant. Keep in mind that this is the car that started running poorly after I may have over-revved it.
I'm thinking that the head gasket is blown here. Does that sound right? If I drain the coolant and oil, remove the head and replace the gasket, we should be back to normal, right?
Or is it time to find that 944S engine I've always wanted and start from scratch? And, for those nay-sayers like my wife, this car is worth the money and effort and I'm not yet ready to scrap it.
larso  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwahahahahaha!
YOur wife is right, you are wrong, sorry.

Well if your head gasket keeps blowing like mine did make sure the bleeder isn't the problem!!!

If i were u i woudl find out WHY its blowin headgaskets, if the problem is U, i would sugest u get an aftermarket ignition that allows u to set a rev limit....
wdb  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2001 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try tightening head bolts before you take it apart
Dave  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2001 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take of the head and see if it is worped. That could cause the gasket problem. If it is you can send it to a machine shop and they will true it for you if it isnt realy bad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    924Board.org Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: